Kolovesi National Park
Kolovesi National Park and adjacent Joutenvesi Nature Reserve is close to the paradise for kayakers. These two lakes consist of mainly narrow water paths without big open areas so kayaking should be relaxing even during high winds.
Overnight staying is in most cases limited to only official campsites, that offers fireplace, simple non-water toilets and a few places for tents.
Due to limited places for tents, only a pair of tents in the same group is recommended.
- Pick-up and return from the city of Varkaus or Savonlinna
- Gas for cooking
- Single or double kayak with paddle, opening cover and life-west
- Map with campsites, sights and proposed routes
- Tourist guide due to limited overnight staying facilities. If you need a guide, please contact us!
- Transportation to city of Varkaus or Savonlinna – Ask for transportation options from Helsinki
- Tent, sleeping bag, cooking equipment and meals
Participants are expected to have basic experience in kayaking and staying overnight in tent. Usage of waterproof sacks for packing is highly recommended.
Wether can vary from bright sunshine with +25C to +10C with rain.
Meeting point for the Kolovesi kayaking is in the city center of Varkaus or Savonlinna.
Recommended size for the Kolovesi kayaking is 1-4 people (1-2 tents).
2021 kayaking trips are cancelled due to Covid-19 travel restrictions. If you are interested in 2022 kayaking trips, please be in touch with us so you will be the first one to get the new dates!